The Virginia Aquarium offers guests a memorable experience, but our broader mission succeeds because of our volunteers, individuals willing to share their time, unique skills, and passion for marine conservation.
If you are seeking a meaningful way to support conservation efforts addressing environmental issues, we need you. We want individuals who are excited about helping us fulfill our mission while satisfying their personal purpose to be involved in the community. We want volunteers who are eager to learn and work closely with other passionate individuals, inspired to assist others, and actively engage with our diverse public.
Are you interested in joining our dynamic team of volunteers? Then explore our rewarding opportunities for adults and youth.
Considerations before you apply for a volunteer position:
- Can you meet the minimum time commitment requested in both frequency and duration listed in the position opening?
- Consider the physical requirements of the volunteer position. Some have demanding conditions that may only be right for some.
- Do you meet the age requirements?
- What skills, interests, and experience do you possess that will ensure success in the volunteer position?
- What do you want to get out of your volunteer experience?
- If you are currently enrolled in college, expand your educational experience through an internship or fellowship.